Public venues come with unique risk management challenges. While the venue owes a special duty of care to visitors under law, there is limited opportunity to train and influence these people. Large crowds can have a considerable public safety risk, a concerning prospect for any venue managers and their stakeholders.
Reliance Risk specialises in risk management for a variety of public venues in all shapes and sizes, each providing a unique set of challenges to risk management. These include:
- Arenas, convention centres, council-owned community venues, leisure venues, parklands and public domain, performing arts centres and theme parks.
- Race tracks, sporting venues, shopping centres, ski resorts, and stadiums.
- Schools, universities and other tertiary institutions.
Reliance Risk provides risk management services specific to venues. We specialise in the full spectrum of strategic and business risk, safety, and emergency management.
Reliance Risk Projects
Reliance Risk has provided consulting services for the following venues:
- ASB Showgrounds – Auckland – Gap Analysis and Risk Management Framework (2016)
- Dunedin Venue Management Limited – Risk Management Gap Analysis (2016)
- ANZ Stadium - Safety Reviews of Service Areas and Retractable Seating (2016)
- Sydney Showgrounds – Review and Update of Emergency Management Plans (2016)
- Melbourne Showground – Review and Update of Emergency Management Plans (2016)
- Venues Canberra (Exhibition Park in Canberra, Canberra Stadium, Manuka Oval) – Review and Update of Emergency Management Plans (2014-2016)